The Creation of the Green Athlete Principle
- Environmental awareness promoted in all event competitor and media communication.
- Institution of environmental race rules.
Management of Hydro Footprint
- Banning of non-biodegradable detergents for ablutions
- Use and promotion of environmentally friendly products
- Utilization of water efficient mobile ablution units.
- Quantification of water use for future reduction plans.
- Waste management unit for separation of recyclables.
- Quantification of waste generation for future reduction plans.
- Nature’s Valley Trust. The mission of the Nature’s Valley Trust is “To maintain the long term environmental integrity of Nature’s Valley and surrounds by becoming proactively involved in issues that impact on the future of the area”
The environmental impact of trail running
Trail runners do not have a significant difference in impact on the environment to that that hikers do. Because trail runners move considerably faster through an area, the impact per person per unit of time on a particular area is possibly less than that of hikers. The actual erosive impact of running on a trail does not differ significantly from hiking on the trail. Littering is strictly forbidden and against Trail running ethos and rules.
An Environmental Officer will oversee the camp sites with a careful view to recycling.