Challenge: 12-13 October. Run: 14-15 October.
- although the race organisers have reserved a set number of 2016 entries for International Participants & for Elite Participants. Please contact our office: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org For a chance to reserve your 2016 entry please enter the Waiting List Draw
- Otter Prologue
- Shuttle from the Race Village (Storms River Mouth Rest Camp) to the Start of the race (Natures Valley)
- The Race
- Prize Giving Ceremony & Dinner
- Otter Event Garment
- Otter Goodie Bag
- Otter BUFF
- GU gels & chomps
- Halfway Munchie Station
- Lunch at the finish line
- Otter Medal ( if you finish the race within the cut off time )
- SANParks daily conservation fee
- Full payment is required on entry.
- 85% of entry fee paid will be refunded if an entry is cancelled in writing on or before the 1 May 2016
- 65% of entry fee paid will be refunded if an entry is cancelled in writing on or before the 1 August 2016
- After the 1 August 2016 refunds will only apply if these entries can be substituted from the Waiting List. Please note that these possible refunds will only be made after completion of the event. Direct substitutions will only be considered in the month of August if there are no candidates on the waiting list that would like to enter the OTTER – Waiting List candidates alway receive priority over direct substitution considerations.
- No refunds, substitutions or new entries after the 1st of September 2016.
- The above also applies to all accommodation bookings.
- You may sell your accommodation booking directly to another athlete. Please inform Matty at email@example.com if you do sell your accommodation booking.
- No refunds on Salomon Race Shirts. If you have cancelled your entry & do not want your shirt, we will do our best to try help find a buyer from the new waiting list entrants.
- All Shirts to be collected from Race Registration. If for some reason you cannot collect your shirt from Race Registration, please arrange collection from our offices: Magnetic South, TH30 Harbour House, Thesen Island, Knysna, 6570.
- All shirts will be kept for up to 1 month after the event.
OTTER CLASSIC RECORD
OTTER RETTO RECORD
Join The Otter vibeEnter The Dassie Now!
Whether you choose to run the DASSIE or the ROCKRAT – be assured – every step over rocks, roots, pebbles, through riverbeds and up steep climbs is worth the effort – racing through the most pristine indigenous forests will offer fantastic views to the River Mouth and the Ocean and will let every trail runners’ heart jump of joy. The Dassie and Dassie Rockrat are perfect for athletes who:
- want to be part of South Africa’s most competitive trail run;
- want to be there when world class athletes cross the OTTER finish line;
- are friends and family of an OTTER athlete and are keen to get active without missing their OTTER heroes finish;
- want to run, but are not ready for the OTTER;
- wanted to run the OTTER, but didn’t manage to get an entry;
- simply love the trails!